20th Anniversary Conference
Join us in celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Roy Rosenzweig Center for History and New Media on November 14-15, 2014
We are hosting a free two-day event at George Mason University’s Fairfax Campus that combines collaborative work, presentations and discussions, and unconference sessions:
Friday, November 14: Hacking the History of RRCHNM
Merten Hall, George Mason University, 8.30AM – 4.45PM + Reception, Mason Global Center, 5.00PM-7.30PM
Work together with current and former CHNMers, using material from the Center’s records and collected from its staff, collaborators and audience, to tell the backstory of projects were created and what those projects tell us about digital history’s past. Following the style of THATCamp, the topics and forms of the histories will be suggested and voted on by all those in attendance, and everyone will actively participate in sessions throughout the day. Prizes — Amazon gift cards – will be awarded for the best project, as voted on by conference participants.
Saturday, November 15: The Future of Digital Humanities Centers and Digital History
Merten Hall, George Mason University, 8.30AM – 4.00PM
The day will feature short talks by invited guests, each followed by extended discussion, and breakout sessions on topics chosen by the audience.
* Morning: The future of DH Centers – featuring Edward Ayers, Brett Bobley, Bethany Nowviskie, and Stephen Robertson
* Afternoon: The future of Digital History – featuring Tim Hitchcock, William Thomas, Kathryn Tomasek, and a collective of current GMU graduate students.
(GMU graduate students will record the breakout discussions and summaries will be published on the RRCHNM blog)
- Hotel & Local Information
- Conference Venue
- RRCHNM20 Collection: material on 66 projects & 137 staff (open, and taking contributions, two weeks before the conference)
- Propose topics for day one working with RRCHNM’s past (open one week before the conference)
Please register to reserve your spot at the RRCHNM 20th: