20th Anniversary Conference
Celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Roy Rosenzweig Center for History and New Media, November 14-15, 2014
To celebrate twenty years of work, we hosted a free two-day event at George Mason University’s Fairfax Campus that combined collaborative work, presentations and discussions, and unconference sessions.
RRCHNM Past & Present
Participants worked with Center projects, past and present, material gathered from the our records and collected from staff, and with current and former CHNMers. Following the style of THATCamp, the topics and forms of the projects were suggested and voted on by all those in attendance, and everyone actively participated in sessions throughout the day. Prizes — Amazon gift cards – were awarded for the best project, as voted on by conference participants.
- RRCHNM20 Collection: material on more than 60 projects & almost 150 staff, and open for contributions of material from staff and collaborators, as well as from users and audiences of the Center’s projects.
- Digital Campus Podcast live @ RRCHNM20
- Best project: Network of RRCHNM People & Projects (Amanda Regan, Jannelle Legg, Peter Jones)
- Storify of #RRCHNM20 Twitter Steam
- Session Notes:
The Future of Digital Humanities Centers and Digital History
The day featured two sessions of short talks by invited guests, each followed by extended discussion, and breakout sessions on topics chosen by the audience.
- The future of Digital Humanities Centers – featuring Edward Ayers, Brett Bobley, Bethany Nowviskie, and Stephen Robertson.
- The future of Digital History – featuring Tim Hitchcock, William Thomas, Kathryn Tomasek, and Spencer Roberts.