Wednesdays, 1.00-3.00PM, RRCHNM Conference Room
March 19: RRCHNM and the digital humanities center
- Diane Zorich, “Digital Humanities Centers: Loci for Digital Scholarship,” Working Together or Apart: Promoting the Next Generation of Digital Scholarship (Council on Library & Information Resources, 2009)
- FYI: Full study: Diane Zorich, A Survey of Digital Humanities Centers in the United States (CLIR, 2008)
- Mark Sample, “On the Death of the Digital Humanities Center” (March 26, 2010)
- Stephen Ramsay, “Centers of Attention” (April 27, 2010)
- Stephen Ramsay, “Centers are People” (April 25, 2012)
- Bethany Nowviskie, “too small to fail” (October 13, 2012)
- Neil Fraistat, “The Function of Digital Humanities Centers at the Present Time,” Debates in the Digital Humanities (2012)
- Bethany Nowviskie, “asking for it” (February 8, 2014)
- Elijah Meeks, “Digital Humanities Curio Cabinet” (February 9, 2014)
- Trevor Owens, “Redefining the “Life of the Mind” & the Infrastructure of Knowledge in the Digital Humanities Center” (February 12, 2014)
- RRCHNM Oral Histories:
- Dan Cohen [Stephen]
- Tom Scheinfeldt [Amanda]
- Kelly Schrum [Anne]
- Mills Kelly [Janelle]
- Full study: Diane Zorich, A Survey of Digital Humanities Centers in the United States (CLIR, 2008)
Survey Digital Humanities Centers in the US
- Use the list on Centernet: http://digitalhumanities.org/centernet/centers – Jannelle takes the 1st 30, Anne the next 30, Amanda the rest
- Do they fit Zorich’s definition – pp 4-5 of the full Survey?
- Where are they located within their institutional home (library, department etc)?
- What is their history – founding date, development? (Look at their web sites, search for anything written about them, run the site through the Wayback Machine)
- Who are the people – have they changed over time?
- What are the projects produced by each Center?
- Enter what you find on this Google Sheet - I haven’t defined any fields yet
Centers past? By my count, 18 of the Centers that Zorich surveyed (p. 48) are not listed on Centernet — do they still exist? Janelle take the first 6, Anne the next six, Amanda the last 6
- If they still exist, add them to the sheet above
- If they no longer exist, put them on a second Google Sheet
Meet with Debra Kathman about records of RRCHNM projects
April 2: RRCHNM Collecting Site (Sheila) & RRCHNM project case studies
April 9: DH Center People – in your project, at other Centers, networks of former staff