From The Mason Historiographiki
Warwick Anderson. Colonial Pathologies: American Tropical Medicine, Race, and Hygiene in the Philippines. Durham, N.C.: Duke University Press. 2006. Pp. ix, 355. Cloth $84.95, paper $23.95.
1. American Military Medicine Faces West
2. The Military Basis of Colonial Public Health
3. "Only Man Is Vile"
4. Excremental Colonialism
5. The White Man's Psychic Burden
6. Disease and Citizenship
7. Late Colonial Public Health and Filipino "Mimicry"
8. Malaria Between Race and Ecology