Odrick Colored School
In 1873 this one-room school was also used for community meetings and religious gatherings. School plans moved forward as the result of 30 acres of land by formerly enslaved and respected landowner, Alfred Ordrick. Multiple accounts link Ordrick to the establishment of this school. Lewis Jackson, the son of landowner John Jackson, was a teacher at Ordrick School.