Note: This site is no longer active and maintained. Accounts have been disabled, and the login and sign up pages deactivated.
Rubric for Evaluating Websites
Here are the criteria for evaluating with web sites you will review for this project. Each of the numbered questions corresponds to a field in the project database.
- Who is responsible for the contents of the page?
- Authority rating on a scale of 1-5.
- Are sources for any factual information clearly listed so they can be verified in another source?
- Is the information free of grammatical, spelling, and typographical errors?
- Are sources complete or edited?
- Accuracy rating on a scale of 1-5. Objectivity
- If there is any advertising on the page, is it clearly differentiated from the informational content?
- If there is a political/ideological/religious or other agenda, is it clearly stated?
- Objectivity rating on a scale of 1-5. Currency
- When was the site created?
- When was the site last revised?
- Currency rating on a scale of 1-5. Coverage
- Coverage rating on a scale of 1-5. Quality
- Quality rating on a scale of 1-5. Other
- Resources available (text,images, audio, video)
- Date this review was created.
- URL of site