Bill of Rights
1. How do these documents fit into a larger historical context?
2. How do you analyze the Gulhane Proclamation (1839)?
3. How does translation shape understanding of this document?
4. How do you analyze the Ottoman Bill of Rights (1856)?
5. What questions should someone analyzing official documents ask?
6. Who was the intended audience for these documents?
7. How do these documents work in a world history course?
Meet the Scholar
Get Flash Plugin
Grateful Acknowledgement is made to the following institutions and individuals for permission to publish material from their collections:
finding world history | unpacking evidence | analyzing documents | teaching sources | aboutA project of the Center for History and New Media, George Mason University, with support from the National Endowment for the Humanities and the Gladys Delmas Foundation © 2003-2005 center for history & new media