Le Courrier d'Avignon/a>
1. What are some of the challenges of reading a newspaper?
2. How did you first get interested in newspapers from the French Revolution?
3. How do you read between the lines of a newspaper?
4. What can you learn about a society from newspapers?
5. What can you learn from newspaper advertisements?
6. Who reads newspapers and how?
7. How have newspapers changed over time?
Meet the Scholar
Get Flash Plugin
Grateful Acknowledgement is made to the following institutions and individuals for permission to publish material from their collections:
Musée de la Révolution française, Vizille (France).
finding world history | unpacking evidence | analyzing documents | teaching sources | aboutA project of the Center for History and New Media, George Mason University, with support from the National Endowment for the Humanities and the Gladys Delmas Foundation © 2003-2005 center for history & new media