John Ledyards Journal Excerpt
1. What can we learn from travel narratives?
2. How do you analyze a travel narrative?
3. What are some limitations of travel narratives?
4. How do you analyze John Ledyards Journal?
5. How does Ledyard describe the natives he encounters?
6. How do you teach students to analyze travel narratives?
Meet the Scholar
Get Flash Plugin
Grateful Acknowledgement is made to the following institutions and individuals for permission to publish material from their collections:
Montana Historical Society
finding world history | unpacking evidence | analyzing documents | teaching sources | aboutA project of the Center for History and New Media, George Mason University, with support from the National Endowment for the Humanities and the Gladys Delmas Foundation © 2003-2005 center for history & new media