PRODUCTS : BBEDIT
It doesn't suck.®
BBEdit is the leading professional HTML and text editor for the Macintosh. Specifically crafted in response to the needs of Web authors and software developers, this award-winning product provides a plethora of features for editing, searching, and manipulation of text. BBEdit transforms text with high performance.
An intelligent interface provides easy access to BBEdit's best of class features including grep pattern matching, search and replace across multiple files, function navigation and syntax coloring for numerous source code languages, FTP and SFTP open and save, AppleScript, Perl and Mac OS X Unix scripting support, glossary support, and a complete set of HTML tools.
With BBEdit, you can...
- Exercise Total Control Over Text
- Work YOUR Way
- Command Files, Folders, Disks, and Servers
- Enjoy Textual Omnipotence
- Live Up To Standards
- Integrate Smoothly Into Existing Workflows
Take a tour!
What's new in BBEdit 8.1?
- Source control now supports Subversion, the next-generation open source software configuration management (AKA version control) system, directly within BBEdit
- Text Factory menu (and corresponding swank new Text Factory palette) provides even easier access to Text Factories
- "Apply Text Factory" submenu in the Text menu to run Text Factory on the current document
- Over 200 improvements!
Plus everything in 8.0!
- Over a hundred new features, plus:
- Multiple documents in a single window
- Preview server support
- Much, much more: what's new in BBEdit 8
Or take the full feature tour.
How do I get 8.1?
If you are a BBEdit 7 customer, you can check your free upgrade eligibility.
If you own any older commercial version of BBEdit, or are not eligible for the free upgrade, you can obtain information about purchasing an upgrade.
If you already own BBEdit 8 and are looking for the free update to version 8.1, please go to our updates page.
- BBEdit Glossary Library - A compendium of third-party Glossary Sets written for use with BBEdit
- BBEdit Language Modules - A compendium of third-party language modules written for use with BBEdit
- BBEdit Plug-In Library - A compendium of third-party plug-ins written for use with BBEdit
- BBEdit Plug-In SDK - Information for developers who wish to create plug-in tools or language modules for BBEdit
Mac OS X:
- Requires Mac OS X 10.3.5 or later
Note: If you are not yet running Mac OS X 10.3.5 or later, please go here for information about obtaining a copy of the BBEdit Anthology.